Thursday, February 7, 2008

Julie Beard Blog

The presentaion by Julie Beard was very enlightening. Trying to decide what story should have the most importance on a newscast, and what story should be left out was a tough decision. Her input helped me see that journalism is so much more than just writing news stories. You have to go out there and ask questions, and find out opinions. You have to make sure that you get a wide variety of opinions. I also thought that the discussion about diveristy in the news media was interesting. I do think that someone reporting on a certian culture who is from that culture would be able to create the best story. However, there is always something in that that makes it look steriotipical. Julie also made me see how technology in journalism is increasing. I had never thought of having tons of job options on online journalism, but I guess that is the new wave of news media.

No comments: