Monday, February 18, 2008

What & Why-- Movies


Movie Title: Finding Nemo
Parent Company: Walt Disney Pictures
Other Movies Made by Pixar: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., A Bug's Life, Cars, Ratatouille
Producer: Graham Walters
Director: Andrew Stanton, and Lee Unkrich
Writer: Andrew Stanton
Stars: Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres, Alexander Gould, William Dafoe, and Elizabeth Perkins
Q & A: Pixar’s Finding Nemo is a father-son underwater adventure about a fish, named Marlin and his son Nemo, a boy clown fish, who is stolen from his home in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia, and taken to a fish tank in a dentist's office in Sydney. His timid father and a blue tang fish named Dory with short-term memory loss must follow the East Australian current in order to get to Sydney and take Nemo home. I have actually seen this movie in the theaters, on DVD, and on television. I was actually interested in this movie because I love children’s movies! Seeing a nice clean movie with funny (sometimes corny) humor is refreshing. Finding Nemo also teaches right character traits such as perseverance, patience, and self sacrifice. Many other Hollywood movies are displaying quite the opposite. It may sound funny but the animations and colors that are created are so realistic is almost seems like you are actually there. I love how all of the different human characteristics are given to different sea animals. For example, the sea turtles are Jamaican, the sharks are friendly to fish, Dory has short term memory loss, the angle fish with the scar is reserved, and Marlin and Nemo have to relate to all of them along the way on thier adventure. I would definitely recommend this movie, first off because it is a great piece of artistic film. The story line keeps your attention, and there are always unsuspected events that happen throughout the entire movie.

No comments: